Monday 24 January 2011

New year...new creative writing...

So we're 24 days and and few minutes into the new year, and I remember about my blog. I'm really good at sticking to things, as you can tell...

What's going on with me?

Not a great deal. I moved my room around, and tidied it, only to explode in untidyness all over it again. Always a plus.

I got some very positive feedback from the family about a piece of writing I did, it's boisted my belief and motivation, if only slightly!

I'm currently working on a piece, well three pieces. Sort of. Technically more, but it's three that are keeping me awake at night with idea, so let's say three.

The first is for a unit of my degree. Basically I get to write 10000 words of whatever style I choose. A second dissertation I guess!! If I had to classify it's genre, I'd say my piece is young adult fantasy fiction, I suppose. But I think it's kind of something anyone could enjoy reading. We'll see...It's an adaptation of something I wrote way back in sixth form. Should be good!

The second is, well if i'm honest, I'm not sure. It's a storyline that sprung fully formed into my mind whilst I was on the train home from uni. Rather interesting exploration of 'Limbo'. I'm not sure whether I want it to be prose or script though, so it's a major work in progress.

And the third is one of those piece of writing that poked my brain at around 1.30 am, and forced me to write it out there and then. Sci-fi weird steampunk style story. Probably comes from watching/reading a little too much sci-fi, and being far too addicted to the idea of steampunking.

Life should be steampunk. That would be immense.

I joined fanfiction.net, in order to post up my work, but then discovered i'd been rather dense and forgotten that I don't write fan fiction, and therefore there isn't really much space for my work on that website...Therefore, I'm considering posting up some samples of work on here, but I'm not sure anyone reads this, so it could be fruitless.

We shall see.

As always, my ramblings have come to an indecisive end...

May you have many children.
x

No comments: